Monday, September 29, 2008

Inner or outer beauty?

Hello everyone!
I want to share a little of something about the Lord revealed to me this morning. As I was reading God's Word, He convicted my heart on this. All month I've been super busy trying to get some fall clothing shopping done. We will be taking a vacation soon and visiting my sister in law and her family. Its been two years since we last saw her. I of course want to look my best when visiting her. The point is I have been putting so much effort into how I am going to look on the outward appearance rather then the inward. I can look my best outside, but what comes out of my mouth and actions will reflect my heart. I was so convicted. I know that I need to ask the Lord to work on my heart more than the outside appearance. Thank you Lord for revealing this to me once again. What a blessing it is to have the Lord and the Holy spirit directing us when we get out of line. I know now that the Lord doesn't mind me looking presentable and good for my hubby, but the question is What are my priorities? At what expense? Will I be stressed and moving my family aside to get all of MY things done? What about God? Where does He stand in all this? I need to keep my focus on Him and not let other things become first in my life. I ask for your prayers that the Lord will prepare my heart this week and use me to minister to those around me family, friends, and all. May He prepare me for my visit to my in-laws and show me how I can be of hands and feet to Him. Here are the versus that spoke to me...



"Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear. Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. For in this manner, in former times, the holy women who trusted in God also adorned themselves, being submissive to their own husbands, as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, whose daughters you are if you do good and are not afraid with any terror." 1 Peter 3:1-6



"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil." 1 Peter 3:15-17

7 comments:

  1. That was awesome sis thanks so much for sharing and it is true we tend to get so caught up in our outward appearances we tend to forget what matters and truly if God is our priority then the outward becomes less and less important to us as we be gin to realize that it is the inward that reflects our true selves.Out of the heart the mouth speaks........

    "For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance,but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Sam. 16:7

    God Bless,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true sis thanks so much for sharing what the Lord is doing in your heart. we do tend to focus so much on the external as the world teaches.....however if we are in tune with our Lord we will focus less and less on the outward and more and more on the inward for out of the heart the mouth shall speak yikes uh??

    "For God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Sam. 16:7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    Your blog is BEAUTIFUL!!
    I needed to hear aa of that. I am kind of going thru the same thing. It is nice to be reminded of the REALLY important things in life. I will keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless and have a good night!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie!!!

    What an amazing thing for the Lord to be doing in your life. I pray that the Lord would use you when you do go down there and that He would give you the words to speak to your family & friends. I also am praying for traveling mercies and that you would have a blessed time.

    for some reason, my blog will not let me sign in. Very weird.

    So I am anonymous today!!

    In His Love,
    adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh an btw, the blog looks really cute, the first column is a little off to the right. And other than that very cute!!!

    I also wanted to say that your verses really ministered to my heart and convicted me as well. I love reading those because it brings me back to where the Lord wants me to be.

    God Bless,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome post sis! I loved it!

    Love and miss ya, Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...